Wednesday 4 April 2012

Butterfly

Just watched the channel 4 documentary on Damien Hirst and the combination of his work on butterflies and dot pieces really tied in with what I have gone for in this design.

This design is a no nonsense simple design. I want the shapes and contrasting colours to speak for themselves.

I began with the usual circle shapes and tried to play with tonality with the dark shades of grey.

ButterflySillouettes

I then added dots. In a no symmetrical way, and each having a 3d roundness to them. Popping out like spots on a teenagers face.

ButterflyDesign

ButterflyDesign2

I wanted for its style and design to show from its horizontal. It needed to look flat and plain from the front on and then it comes to life in the three dimension. I took the circles and turned all of them minus the body into semi circles. Almost looking like an African drum.

butterfly3d

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Roxxas Designs. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger